Before the webinar
If you have never attended an Adobe Connect 8 meeting before, please do the following before the scheduled webinar:
- Test your connection: http://kucrl.acrobat.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm
- Get a quick overview: http://tv.adobe.com/watch/learn-adobe-connect-8/attending-a-meeting
- Review the instructions below, Accessing an Adobe Connect Webinar.
To join the webinar
A few minutes before the scheduled start time, visit https://desktopconnect.ku.edu/crllearns to access the Adobe Connect webinar online “room.” Log in as “guest.”
Accessing an Adobe Connect Webinar
Access the webinar link
Follow the instructions below to access a live CRL Learns webinar in Adobe Connect 8.
Before the presentation is scheduled to begin, click the webinar link
https://desktopconnect.ku.edu/crllearns or copy and paste it into your Internet browser.
You will be directed to the Internet
Enter as a Guest and type your full name. This is how other participants in the meeting will see your
name. Click the Enter Room button to continue.
The webinar will begin loading
Allow Adobe Connect a few minutes to fire up. You will only be able to access the webinar 10 - 15
minutes prior to the start time.
The webinar layout
- Once you are signed in, you will see the webinar and your name will be added to the attendee list.
- This is the chat area. If you have a question or comment for the group, you can share it here.
- This is the slide sharing area. The presenter will share a presentation here.
- Use the button to raise your virtual hand. This is an organized way to allow others know that you wish to say something.